[Qgis-developer] 0.8.1 release plans (and Mac OSX Build issue)

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Mon Feb 12 11:53:41 EST 2007

Tim Sutton wrote:
> SO I spent some time comparing the libs and frameworks that are being
> linked to in trunk and 0.8 branch build with cmake. They are listed in
> full at then end of this email. The main difference I noticed is that
> the following OSX specific frameworks are not being linked:
>
> -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime
>
> Some browsing on the web suggests maybe I need these too?
>
> -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreServices
>
> I tried using the advanced option of ccmake and adding the above
> frameworks which added the following to CMakeCache
>
>     77 //Flags used by the linker.
>     78 CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-framework Carbon -framework
> QuickTime -framework CoreFoundation
>
> But that didnt seem to help. I notice they arent in the  linker flags
> section of CMakeCache generated in trunk. So my question is: do you
> remember what you did to get Carbon and Quicktime linked in on trunk?

If you can convince the cmake Qt detection code that you have a Mac,
these items will be added automatically.

I tried cmake in the 0.8 branch and it didn't think I have a Mac either!

-- Found GRASS: /Applications/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources (6.2.1)
-- Looking for openpty
-- Looking for openpty - not found
-- Python libraries found
-- SIP not found!
-- Python bindings disabled due dependency problems!
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Found Qt-Version 4.2.2

I then set Q_WS_MAC:INTERNAL=1 in CMakeCache.txt to help it out. It then
complained about an undefined openpty variable so copied the current
FindGRASS.cmake to the branch. It now believes I have a Mac.

-- Found GRASS: /Applications/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources (6.2.1)
-- Looking for openpty
-- Looking for openpty - found
-- Python libraries found
-- SIP not found!
-- Python bindings disabled due dependency problems!
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - found
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Found Qt-Version 4.2.2

There must be other things that are different in the 0.8 branch becase
in trunk, I had QGIS and the GRASS plugin built and running (without
pty) before I fixed FindGRASS.cmake.

Tom