[Qgis-developer] Re: Generating .dll for plugins build in qgis0.7.4

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Feb 15 20:12:26 EST 2007

Hi

2007/2/15, mukesh kumar <muks_kin at yahoo.com>:
> Hello There
>  We have been building several plugins for Hydrology to be integrated in QGIS. When we started the project (aroung 9 months back), QGIS version used was 0.7.4 and Qt version used was 3.3. The plugins work ok on linux. Now we plan to make .dlls corresponding to each of the plugins to be used on windows by users.
>  However, mingw32-chroot provided by you (Tim and Radim) is based on Qt4. We tried converting the plugins' .ui, .mocs etc.  from Qt3 to Qt4 using qt3to4 converter unsuccessfully. The problem was related to various functions used in the earlier version had different argument structure. Then we tried compiling the linux version code (which was based on qt3.3) with the Makefile.win and other mingw-chroot binary utilities (like winmake, i586-mingw32msvc-g++). This effort was also unsuccessful.
>  I was wondering if anyone has mingw-chroot which was used for compiling qgis0.7.4 (based on qt3.x) for windows. Or atleast Makefile.win.rules and Makefile.win.rules files for compiling qgis0.7.4.

There was no such thing since qt3 does not support mingw. QGIS 0.7.4
was built using qmake and the non commercial edition of Qt3 (from the
back of the Blanchette and Summerfield book). Getting it built was a
real pain and the build environment was not easily replicable.

Porting from qt3 to qt4  is fairly trivial and I suggest you follow
this route, using the qt3 compatibility libs to start with until you
have removed all remnants of qt3 specific logic. One ip is that for ui
files I found it easiest to simply open the ui file in designer4 and
save it out again - that will convert the ui fairly painlessly
(assuming you are using qt3compat libs). Lastly check out the article
I wrote some time back on adjusting your paradigms for qt4 here:

http://qgis.org/content/view/81/99/

For building under windows with qt4 you can now use Qt4 with the msys
archive that Tisham, myself and a few others created, which makes
building QGIS on windows pretty painless.

Regards

Tim

> Regards
> Muks