[Qgis-developer] QGIS Package for Linux

mukesh kumar muks_kin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 16:27:49 EST 2007

This may sound trivial (and may be it is) but I was wondering why a QGIS package with all the associated software sources (like gdal, proj, grass etc.) put together with relevant scripts files are not made available as a single entity which will make it a lot easier for the linux qgis users.
    I have built few plugins for qgis .....but it seems that the users are more inclined to use and install it only if I could give them just one .zip file etc.(with all qgis,pluging, associated libs) and then they have to run lets say one makefile (or a couple) to get the software running. Users don't want to browse the internet and graplle with dependencies and paths etc. Why this is not often done....or am i missing the point big time. And if it is/can be done, what the easiest way to do it.

Regards
Muks