[Qgis-developer] Mac CMake Status

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Thu Jan 11 23:29:32 EST 2007

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Tom again
>
> I should have better worded my question after re-reading your original
> mail: How do you change the  deps that are incorrectly picked up as
> .so to .dylib?

I edit CMakeCache.txt. There's a ccmake editor but the (g) generate
command disappears every time I modify something. I don't know if it's a
Mac bug or I just haven't figured out the editor.

The cmake variable CMAKE_FIND_FRAMEWORK defaults to FIRST. I have a full
set of libraries in both /usr/local and /Library/Frameworks and it finds
frameworks over libs for all except gdal.

Since the paths can be changed and are remembered after changing, I
haven't examined the Find* code yet. Along with fixing Find*, setting
CMAKE_FIND_FRAMEWORK to LAST should become an initialization option for
Mac users who have frameworks and want /usr/local to be searched first.

Tom