[Qgis-developer] CMake on Windows

Byambaa Mendbayar mendbayar_b at mongol.net
Mon Jan 15 05:05:57 EST 2007

Dear Tim and developers

In first of all thanks a lot for your reply on SVN 6410 compile problem. I
was compiling it using your suggested method.

In today I have trying to compile latest QGIS SVN build using CMAKE
(CMake-2.4.6 for Windows). However I didn't get success. I have got
following error messages:

1. cmake c:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest
C:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest>cmake c:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"Visual S
tudio 6".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a
differe
nt build tool.
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:c:/dev/cpp/qgis.latest/CMakeFiles/
CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:c:/dev/cpp/qgis.latest/CMakeFiles/
CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
-- Configuring done
C:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest>

2. cmake -G MinGW Makefiles c:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest

C:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest>cmake -G MinGW Makefiles c:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest
CMake Error: Could not create named generator MinGW
C:\dev\cpp\qgis.latest>

I have using your suggested compilation environment. (msys.tar.gz,
MinGW-5.1.2.exe, qt-win-opensource-4.2.2-mingw.exe + latest QGIS SVN 6434
source)

After that I was using cmakeSetup.exe, it was generating following:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
and cmake can not find them.
Please set the following variables:
GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR
GEOS_INCLUDE_DIR
PROJ_INCLUDE_DIR
SQLITE3_INCLUDE_DIR

(Press  Cancel to suppress any further messages.)
OK   Cancel

What I will do, what am I wrong? Please help me.

Thanks and best regards,
Byambaa Mendbayar