[Qgis-developer] WFS plugin not working with Geoserver

aaime aaime at openplans.org
Thu Jan 18 03:41:36 EST 2007

Hi all,
a QGIS and Geosever user recently reported me that the QGIS WFS plugin does
not work
with Geoserver.
I've tried it out (0.8 release) and in fact I can confirm that: the WFS
plugin connects
properly (GetCapabilities) but once I try to add a layer, it states the
layer is invalid.
I can see from the Geoserver log it does a DescribeFeatureType request, and
the
answer goes out without problems, so I guess the plugin is not pleased with
the result it gets.

As far as I know Geoserver works properly with various clients, given QGIS
popularity
I would be pleased to have it working properly as well.
Unfortunately I can't find a log or any extra information (no logs I can see
for example),
so I guess we can try to solve the issue the other way, by giving you a
public Geoserver
you can connect to and test, without the need to install Geoserver or Java
on your boxes.
This is the Geoserver instance:
http://sigma.openplans.org:8080/geoserver
and here is its GetCapabilities address:
http://sigma.openplans.org:8080/geoserver/wfs?service=WFS&request=GetCapabilities

If you have any issue you want to discuss, please don't hesistate to contact
me.
I'm following the list thru Nabble, so please cc me or I may loose the
message.

Cheers
Andrea Aime