[Qgis-developer] OSGeo Membership for QGIS

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Jan 28 15:58:52 EST 2007

Hi

I have been pondering this since OSGEO started, and am fairly
convinced its the right way to go. In addition to raising the profile
of QGIS, we will benifit by being able to make use of the OSGEO
hosting offerings which will hopefully reduce the rather large amount
of time we currently devote to project admin related activities.

My feeling is that initially we should not make use of and financial
infrastructure from OSGEO and just do things one step at a time:

1) get ourselves incubated (can anyone say cheep! ?)
2) start migrating our web site / svn etc to osgeo servers where it
makes sense to do so
3) start thinking about if / how / when we want to make use of the
financial related parts of the OSGEO offering.

Regards

Tim