[Qgis-developer] 3D visualization + NVIZ

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Jul 30 06:22:06 EDT 2007

Byambaa,

Byambaa Mendbayar wrote:
> Dear Tim and all,
>
> Can you help to me for working 3D visualization on QGIS using NVIZ? When I
> select "nviz - Open 3D View in NVIZ" from Grass tool box then it is alert to
> me "Module nviz not found"...

NVIZ is tcl/tk based. GRASS that comes wih QGIS will not have any
tcl/tk elements of regular GRASS. For this reason, propably NVIZ should
not be present in QGIS GRASS toolbox.

> I want to working 3D visualization using DEM file. QGIS is correct choice
> for that?

No.

> Or should I use pure GRASS without QGIS bindings?

Use NVIZ directly from regular GRASS instalation.

> If yes where is the good paper which is cover that issues?

Do you mean manual? There's a detailed manual inside NVIZ (HELP menu).
You'll find links to NVIZ manual and tutorial also in the GRASS manual
page for NVIZ.

P.S.
Please don't hijack threads (start a new one for each new subject) and
consider asking on user list, unless your problem is really related to
development.

Maciek