[Qgis-developer] Re: OSX build notes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Jun 5 10:37:22 EDT 2007

On Jun 5, 2007, at 2:52 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> On 6/5/07, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>> > - The autodetect for GRASS needs work.  The way I set up the OSX
>> app
>> > build in the GRASS source (so it's official now) the major.minor
>> > version is now in the name (so people can more easily have
>> stable and
>> > CVS versions side-by-side).  ie GRASS-6.2.app.
>> >
>> > So, it should try a versioned GRASS.app first, but how to pick
>> which
>> > one I don't know (it can't really tell which is stable and which is
>> > not).  Maybe one of those cmake variables that the user can set?
>> >

>> Hmm Im not sure how it can tell either. Martin? I guess we could scan
>> for /Applications/QGIS* and then do a little scripting to get the
>> highest version no....(in cmake/FindGRASS )
>
> If anyone can tell the right order of grass versions, it shouldn't be
> hard to add.
> Something like this?
> GRASS-6.3.cvs
> GRASS-6.3.app
> GRASS-6.2.app
> GRASS-6.1.app
> GRASS-6.0.app

The order of version is simple enough to look for.  But the .cvs is
not a part of how I set up the app build (and it would have been
GRASS-6.3.cvs.app - always .app).  If the cmake macro for GRASS can
poke around more, I do have "cvs" in the Info.plist of the app, in
CFBundleVersion.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect