[Qgis-developer] Re: OSX build notes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jun 6 10:36:06 EDT 2007

Looks like I stirred up a bit of a debate.  But I agree here - either
turn it off by default, or leave it on but prominently mention it in
the INSTALL readme (which is WAY out of date BTW).  From a developer
view, the second choice makes more sense, and this IS development
source.

On Jun 6, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Marco Hugentobler wrote:

> I'm also in favour of turning pedantic off by default. Because
> people which
> are familiar with C++ compiler but not familiar with QGIS code
> don't know
> that pedantic flag exists. So they will have frequent problems if
> they don't
> use the same compiler versions as QGIS developers.
> But I agree that it would be good for developers to turn it on (I
> promise to
> do so in future :-) ).
>
> Marco

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin