[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Using Request for changes (RFC) in QGIS project

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:38:17 EDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:
> You mean that people directly insert their votes into the wiki page? I made a
> RFC wiki page (http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/RequestForComment) and a
> template that can be copied. Individual votings would then be separated with
> === vote === at the bottom of the RFC. Links to the RFC instances would be
> inserted below 'Existing RFCs' on the RFC wiki page.
> @all can you agree with this? Please have a look at the wiki page and write
> your opinion. Are five working days enough as a voting period or should it be
> longer?

I like the template, five working days seem OK to me. Author of the
RFC should also add a FAQ section and fill it with questions and
answers based on the discussion on the mailing list. In case that RFC
is changed based on the discussions, the voting should get another
five days.

Also what about the cases when later the dev finds out that he needs
to do things differently? Change the RFC and start voting again? Or
create a new RFC ...?

BTW. That new template on wiki looks cool :-)

Bye
Martin