[Qgis-developer] Packaging Reminder for 0.8.1

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jun 14 01:02:15 EDT 2007

Tom, if you build with my frameworks, since it's in the wiki builds
instructions now, I can probably let you handle it.  Bundling the
frameworks could work, if you want, though it would be extra work,
and would make updates more frequent when I have framework updates.

Definitely bundle extra libs, like pq, and others not in the frameworks.

The python extras might be trouble - I don't know how Qgis will like
having python modules moved outside the Python site-packages folder
(maybe you've thought of that already).  Which Python do you plan to
build with?  Apple's 2.3?  or the 3rd-party 2.4 or 2.5 universal?

On Jun 13, 2007, at 10:29 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I will be making the press announcements for 0.8.1 tomorrow (thurs)
> evening. If you are able to create packages please send us a link to
> them so they can be included on the download page. Tom and William are
> you able to whip up some mack packages again?
>
> Many thanks

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan