[Qgis-developer] a little python confusion and problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jun 20 14:53:37 EDT 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi  William
>
> Right so we probably got something confused in teh cmake stuff:
>
> 0.8.x needs python but not sip (for mxexport)
> 0.9.x will need python, sip and PyQt if you want python language
> bindings.

I thought it might be something like that.  Yes, cmake for 0.8 is
looking for SIP and PyQt.  At least I don't have to worry about how
to deal with bundling PyQt or SIP.

> So your macbook is alive again? :-)

Not yet, the local repair center is sending it off to Apple today.  I
did some creative cleanup on my PowerBook so I could install Xcode.
Sheesh! - 867 PPC vs 2Gx2 Intel.  It took hours to build PyQt
(universal), then I let the Qgis build run overnight.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy