[Qgis-developer] Print composer bugs

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sat Jun 30 09:50:30 EDT 2007

Hi Steven,

> If some other Linux users could run my font test program below, that would
> be helpful.  Let me know your Linux distro, Qt version, and whether the
> text came out garbled.

I'm using kubuntu 7.04, Qt-4.2.3. There is no problem for me with the font.
The text looks as it should.

> July is fairly open for me, and I hope to get most of the printing bugs
> fixed by then.  After that, I'll be off to college, so I don't really know
> how much time I'll have.

Great! Looking forward to the patches.
And even if it turns out you don't have much time after July, some casual
bugfixes then may still be very valuable for the QGIS project.

> After I get the port completed, I hope to move onto some other
> improvements.  Should I just work on some the the bugs and enhancements
> listed in
> trac<http://svn.qgis.org/trac/query?status=new&status=reopened&component=Pr
>inting&order=priority>or is there another list somewhere?  Should there be
> an e-mail and/or forumpost asking for ideas and most wanted improvements?

In my opinion, fixing bugs is one of the most important things for qgis. So
the bug tracker is the first point to look at.

There is also the poll about most wanted features for 0.9:
  http://qgis.org/component/option,com_poll/task,results/id,15/.

Regards and thanks for your work,
Marco

--