[Qgis-developer] Print composer bugs

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Jun 30 08:36:17 EDT 2007

Steven Bell wrote:

> If some other Linux users could run my font test program below, that
> would be helpful.  Let me know your Linux distro, Qt version, and
> whether the text came out garbled.
> A Linux binary is here: http://botsnlinux.googlepages.com/QT_Fonts , and
> source code is here: http://botsnlinux.googlepages.com/QT_Fonts.zip
> <http://botsnlinux.googlepages.com/QT_Fonts.zip>

  I have this terrible compulsion to convert Qt C++ code into Python/Qt
code, so my Python version of Steven's code is here:

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings/Geog/Qgis/QT_Fonts_Python.zip

[files unzip into current directory so unzip this in a sub-folder of its
own. there's only three files in it]

  unzip, run "python main.py" and if you have PyQt4 it should do the
same as Steven's C++ example - ie on my Ubuntu box show text badly when
scaling small point fonts up to large pixel sizes.

Barry