[Qgis-developer] Print composer bugs

Steven Bell botsnlinux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 08:15:14 EDT 2007

Marco Hugentobler < marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:
>>How is your experience with QGIS development so far?
Pretty good!  I'm still learning C++ and Qt, but I think I've been able to
figure things out and make some useful progress.

>>So if you have enough time for development, the print composer is surely a
good area to work at.
July is fairly open for me, and I hope to get most of the printing bugs
fixed by then.  After that, I'll be off to college, so I don't really know
how much time I'll have.

Now for a quick update...
I've gotten most of the print composer working with GraphicsView now.
Printing and image export are not working yet, but I'm hoping it won't be
too difficult with some of the new printing stuff in Qt 4.
As it turned out, porting to GraphicsView did not make the text
problems<http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/2640/fontmessiz6.png>go
away. :-(  However, I think GraphicsView does make some things
simpler,
and is worth doing.

If some other Linux users could run my font test program below, that would
be helpful.  Let me know your Linux distro, Qt version, and whether the text
came out garbled.
A Linux binary is here: http://botsnlinux.googlepages.com/QT_Fonts , and
source code is here: http://botsnlinux.googlepages.com/QT_Fonts.zip

After I get the port completed, I hope to move onto some other
improvements.  Should I just work on some the the bugs and enhancements
listed in trac<http://svn.qgis.org/trac/query?status=new&status=reopened&component=Printing&order=priority>or
is there another list somewhere?  Should there be an e-mail and/or
forumpost asking for ideas and most wanted improvements?

Steven

On 6/29/07, Marco Hugentobler < marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> How is your experience with QGIS development so far?

I would appreciate it very much to have a redesigned print composer. There