[Qgis-developer] TRUNK SIP related OSX build fail

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 01:25:29 EST 2007

Tim Sutton wrote:
> [ 64%] Generating core/Makefile, gui/Makefile
> Parsing SIP files for 'core' library...
> sip: /Users/tim/dev/cpp/qgis/python/core/qgsdistancearea.sip:1: syntax
> error

> /usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
> Qt3Support.framework/Versions/4/Qt3Support referenced from:
> /Users/tim/dev/cpp/qgis/build/src/core/libqgis_core.dylib (checking
> for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or directory,
> errno = 2)
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> Q3PtrCollection::newItem(void*)  referenced from libqgis expected to
> be defined in Qt3Support.framework/Versions/4/Qt3Support

The link error is because the Mac needs to link to Q3Support which was
removed by r6664.

The compile error is due to something in the new file
qgsdistancearea.sip. I am using sip 4.5.2 and PyQt 4.1.1.

(I normally don't build with Python bindings enabled because the full
set of binding files is recompiled every time a single cpp file is
changed. This takes too long so Mac compatibility isn't continuously
verified -- at least not by me.)

Tom