[Qgis-developer] GRASS modules

Byambaa Mendbayar mendbayar_b at mongol.net
Mon Mar 5 02:44:13 EST 2007

Dear Paolo Cavallini and Tim Sutton,

Thanks a lot for you and other GRASS modules developers (Leonardo Lami and
Massimo DiStefano).

How can I see newly added GRASS modules which are announced by you? Those
new modules are already in SVN HEAD or SVN 0.8.0 (I mean 0.8.1)?

How can I use http://www.faunalia.it/download/qgis_grass_0.tar.gz in my
development workstation? I have using following 2 environments which are
XUbuntu + QGIS dev deps and WindowsXP + QGIS dev deps.

Second:
I have trying to using "Raster map calculator" for simple operation like
Add, Sub and etc... My calculation is that:
r.mapcalc
calcRes=(((raster_3x5.1 at ubap.sbd.15khoroo+raster_3x5.2@ubap.sbd.15khoroo)-ub
_sar_topo_3x5 at ubap.sbd.15khoroo))
Successfully finished
Note:
All layers which are used above calculations are same sized raster images. I
mean each image's extends are same to each other.

After that my output "calcRes" raster image is shifted, I mean outputted
image's coordinate was modified. Also outputted image's each pixel data have
same values, which are Minimum value: 850.655; Maximum value: 850.655.

What am I wrong? Is it my fault or system (GRASS modules) fault? How I check
my GRASS plugin's "Raster map calculator" modules work correct?

Best regards,
Byambaa Mendbayar

P.S
Thank you for reading my chaos mail, and your patient.