[Qgis-developer] Development needed: Georeferencer plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:41:52 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

I'm not much in favour of applying that patch. As Oleg writes, it's
just a quick hack. While it makes possible what has been asked for,
it's not a definitive solution - definitely should be done with a map
tool.

What's wrong with the patch:
- it pollutes canvas API with an additional signal (not speaking about
the need to add class changes to python bindings)
- it generically uses right click - might interfere with other map tools
- no user and developer documentation (who besides few people on
qgis-dev list will know about this 'feature' ?)

These are my thoughts - hacks shouldn't go to svn, at least not to the
public API. And since canvas is part of public API and we should twice
when we change it.

Regards
Martin