[Qgis-developer] [QGIS Commit] SVN [godofredo] r7284 - branches/ogr-plugin-branch/src/app

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:39:53 EST 2007

Hi Godofredo,

On 11/7/07, godofredo contreras <frdcn at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin:
>
> I´m working in fixing the dependency introduced by the files in dbutilities
> of core
> what do you think about this organization of files in dbutilities:
>
> qgsurimanager  will be deprecated and qgsdatasourceuri will be used
> qgsconnectionmanager has no extra dependencies and could be kept in
> core/dbutilities
> qgsconnection has no extra dependencies and could be kept in
> core/dbutilities
> qgsdatabaseconnectionbase is used as an interface for
> (qgspostgresdatabaseconnection and qgsogrdatabaseconnection) has no extra
>                        dependencies and could be kept in core/dbutilities

OK, looks good.

> qgsgeomcolumntypethread and qgspostgresdatabaseconnection are postgres
> specific (not really sure) if they are moved to providers
>                        then I need to add a dependency in app to postgres
> provider
> qgsogrdatabaseconnection is ogr specific, same case that the above one

postgres stuff must really go away from core lib. Ogr stuff doesn't
matter as we depend on it already.
In fact, in my opinion I would prefer to put this all to src/app. Once
stabilised completely (API-wise) we can decide to put it to core
library. Or is there any reason why it must be in core library?
When postgres support is enabled, qgis app also links to postgres
library, so you could eventually leave QgsPostgresDatabaseConnection
there (with #ifdefs to ensure that it won't be compiled with postgres
support off).

However these all problems say that our design of providers should be revisited.

Martin