[Qgis-developer] linker command line too long for cmd.exe

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:44:19 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 3:47 PM, Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> (I should probably have mentioned that I am on Windows 2000,
> who knows, maybe everybody else is using XP these days and
> thus never had this problem)

Right, it's known issue that it's not working with cmd.exe shell in
windows 2000, however XP works well (no idea about vista). In that
case you can use "MSYS Makefiles" generator which doesn't have this
problem.

> Now, I wonder: would it be possible to change into the deeper
> directory before calling g++ and thus shorten all those items:
>
> cd C:\qgis\build\src\app\CmakeFiles\qgis.dir && C:\MinGW\bin\g++.exe
> -mwindows "main.obj" "qgisapp.obj" -o ..\..\qgis.exe <-L.. -l..>
>
> ???

Well, all this stuff is magic by CMake, hard to say whether we could
modify the behaviour. I have reported that problem:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2006-September/011284.html
Maybe they will fix it for cmake 2.6

Martin