[Qgis-developer] linker command line too long for cmd.exe

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Nov 20 12:09:59 EST 2007

Hi Benjamin

2007/11/20, Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de>:
> Thanks a lot. Indeed, CMake and compilation work fine with MSYS under
> Win2000. This gives me working binaries for 0.9 with MinGW.
> Sorry about all the questions. MinGW (and Windows) are sort of rough
> terrain for someone coming from the smooth world of Posix.
> I hope in a few weeks, when I have figured out this MS beast
> better, I will be of more use ...

Yup as a linux geek I feel your pain - it took a lot of adjustment for
my brain to understand building qgis under windows :-(

> In the meantime, I will make a detailed protocol of all my steps
> so the next one trying this will have it a little easier.

It will be great if you can look at INSTALL and INSTALL.t2t in the
sources of QGIS and return your annotations and comments in the form
of an update to that file so that we can make your pain something
others dont need to experience too :-)

regards

--
Tim Sutton