[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] help with digitization in grass plugin

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Nov 28 14:54:30 EST 2007

nishith datta wrote:
> hi all,
>   I am using qgis 0.9.0 on windows.
>   I have created the location  and mapset needed to work in grass.
>   I wish to create a vector layer.
>   I am using the create new grass vector button and I have created a table alright.
>   But when I create a feature I get a table with the message "WARNING: ATTRIBUTES MISSING" .
>   There is a update button at the bottom if I click it I get the following error :-
>   DBMI-DBF driver error:
>   SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected $undefined, expecting EQUAL processing ':'
>   in statement:
>   update test set WARNING: ATTRIBUTES MISSING = 'WARNING: ATTRIBUTES MISSING' where cat = 5
>   Error in db_execute_immediate()
>
>   What is the problem ? I can see the feature and it's attribute table but the colns are empty.
>   The start editing button is grayed out
>   plz help me out

Dear All,

I had a similar issue with QGIS 0.9 on Windows XP Home. I
can't remember details and I don't have a Windows box handy.
But I do remember for sure the "WARNING: ATTRIBUTES MISSING"
and a DBF error in GRASS Edit, as well as that v.to.db in
GRASS Toolbox refused to let me select a column I wanted to
populate.

These happened when I was showing QGIS-GRASS integration to
a Windows colleague. Anybody confirms?

I've been using GRASS Edit on GNU/Linux daily and no such
problems here. v.to.db from GRASS Toolbox works OK too.

I'm not sure whether these issues were due to QGIS itself or
GRASS-Windows interaction.

It would be great if a developer with access to Windows and
interested in GRASS-QGIS functionality could try to
reproduce the errors.

Maciek