[Qgis-developer] GDAL Python Bindings

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:21:54 EDT 2007

On 10/29/07, Tisham Dhar <tisham at apogee.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> GDAL already uses swig ngpython bindings, can't you reuse those ? There
> is a gdalconst.py generated by swig which contains the enums.

Hi Tisham,

I don't think this would be a good idea. First, we would introduce
dependency on GDAL python bindings. Second, and more importantly,
there seems to be a technical barrier - I have no idea how to connect
SIP and SWIG bindings. SIP must have complete information about the
types it uses, in this case it doesn't know what's the relation
between gdal headers and gdalconst.py.

Martin