[Qgis-developer] Projection: National DATUM of Luxemburg (LUREF)

Sascha Wernicke sascha.wernicke at thalis.lu
Mon Sep 17 11:03:31 EDT 2007

Hello,

        my Name is Sascha Wernicke and I'm working for a
        consulting-company in
        Luxembourg. We are using GRASS and QGIS to generate forestry
        maps and to
        so some raster-analysis. The reason why I'm posting this message
        is,
        that in Luxemburg we are using a special projection which is
        called
        LUREF.
        I have inserted the details for the LUREF projection which I
        have
        received from the Luxemburgian Cadastral Office, at the end of
        this
        mail. Concerning this, I would ask whether it would be possible
        create an own LUREF-projection which could be integrated in the
        QGIS-project?
        In advance I thank you very much for any help concernig this
        subject.

        Best regards from Luxemburg.

        Sascha

                        NATIONAL DATUM of LUXEMBURG LUREF

                        1. National Datum Ellipsoid Parameters:

                        Semi-Major Axis a (m) : 6378388 m Flattening
        1/f : 1/297

                        Semi-Minor Axis b (m) : 6356911.946 m
        Eccentricity e2 :
                        0.006768170197

                        Ellipsoid : HAYFORD INTERNATIONAL 1924

                        Fundamental point (Laplace-point):
        Habay-la-Neuve
                        (Belgium)

                        2. Details of the Luxemburg Projection System:

                        Name : Projection Gauss Luxembourg

                        Generic Projection Type : Transverse Mercator

                        Projection Parameters :

                        Longitude of Central Meridian : 6° 10’ East of
        Greenwich

                        Central Meridian Scale Factor : 1

                        Longitude of Origin : 6° 10’ East of Greenwich

                        Latitude of Origin : 49° 50’ North of Equator

                        False Origin:

                        Position of False Easting : 80 000 m

                        Position of false Northing : 100 000 m

                        Worked example:

                        Latitude : 49° 34’ 17’’.60287 : X (North)
        70910.00

                        Longitude : 5° 55’ 50’’.69323 : Y (East)
        62935.00

                        NATIONAL LUXEMBURG HEIGHT DATUM

                        Name : NIVELLEMENT GENERAL DU LUXEMBOURG NG-L

                        Reference Point : Wemperhardt : Altitude :
        528.030m

                        Reference Tide Gauge : Pegel Amsterdam

                        The NG-L is based on geometric levelling only,
        it counts
                        3800 points which corresponds to a density of
        1.8
                        points/km2.

                        3. Transformation Parameters from LUREF to
        WGS84 /
                        EUREF89

                        A. Transformation Model : Molodensky - Badekas

                        Rotation Origin: X0 : 4098647.674 m

                        Y0 : 442843.139 m

                        Z0 : 4851251.093 m

                        Shift along the x-axis : -265.983 m