[Qgis-developer] Link issues on mac

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 2 14:07:16 EDT 2008

Hi William and Tom

Ah brilliant thanks for the sage advice! Strangely I upgraded both my
iMac at work (which doesnt exhibit this issue) and my newly
reinstalled macbook (which does exhibit this issue) at home to xcode
2.5. Ill try your tips and add an appropriate note to the INSTALL
document when I have it working.

On the subject of cocoa, i finally (I think!) wrapped my brain around
what the difference between cocoa and carbon is after reading a good
article on the history of os x on wikipedia. I even wrote a silly
little app in objective-c. Objective-c + carbon looks interesting but
Qt4 still seems to be the most intuitive development framework I've
ever come across....but maybe I'm biased :-) One nice thing about the
cocoa app was that the resulting app bundle was miniscule because it
didnt need all those hulking great Qt libs stuck inside it.

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton