[Qgis-developer] Link issues on mac

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 02:16:35 EDT 2008

With Xcode 2.5 (Tiger), I get the link to /Library/Frameworks but not to /usr/local; I had to add it myself. With Xcode 3.0 (Leopard), I get links to /Library/Frameworks and /usr/local/lib (but not the rest of local).

I recently acquired a new Mac and also had build difficulties. I edited CMakeCache.txt to get around the problems so I could work on porting code to Qt4.4-Cocoa.

To build qgis quickly on my new Mac, I installed William's frameworks and compiled expat, gsl and postgres myself with installation to /usr/local.

When I run cmake, I get the following message:

CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
and cmake can not find them.
Please set the following variables:
GEOS_INCLUDE_DIR
GEOS_LIBRARY
PROJ_INCLUDE_DIR
PROJ_LIBRARY

I manually set these in CmakeCache.txt to get past the problem.

If I configure without GRASS, I get georeferencer compile errors because gsl headers cannot be found. If I configure with GRASS, the build completes successfully.

georeferencer/CmakeLists.txt contains GSL_INCLUDE_DIR but the definition (-I/usr/local/include) doesn't appear in flags.make. When I manually add it to flags.make, the build succeeds. When configuring with GRASS, the definition still doesn't appear in flags.make but the headers get found anyway. I'm using William's GRASS which isn't in /usr/local.

Tom