[Qgis-developer] Link issues on mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Apr 1 21:41:49 EDT 2008

That happens automatically, behind the scenes, when you use an SDK.
The problem with the SDKs in Tiger (it's fixed in Xcode 3 for Leopard)
is that they don't have either /Library/Frameworks or /usr/local
symlinks to find user libraries and frameworks.

Add those symlinks, and linking (and includes) should start working.

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Library/Frameworks -> /Library/
Frameworks

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local -> /usr/local

On Apr 1, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi Tom & William (and anyone else who may know)
>
> I resinstalled my macbook yesterday and am compiling qgis against hand
> built libs now. The same procedure worked fine on my imac at work but
> here I get lots of errors like this when linking libqgis_core:
>
> ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local/qgis_universal_deps/lib/
> libproj.dylib
> referenced from: /usr/local/qgis_universal_deps/lib/libgdal.dylib
> (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
> directory, errno = 2)
>
> Do you know why its concatenating that /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
> onto the front of my lib paths? As always any hints will be most
> appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim Sutton

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy