[Qgis-developer] Quantum GIS 0.9.2 rev8336 Windows Test Installer

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Apr 12 10:21:44 EDT 2008

Hi Marco,
looks good, thanks for your 'shrinking'-work! My python plugin is
working :-)

1)
Some plugins are not working because they are missing essential plugin
modules:
- qgisrest needs GeoJSON
- newlayer needs psycopg
- qgis_rgb needs gdal
etc.
Maybe if we include python in the installation, we should also include
these also in the windows package?

2)
There is one 'bug' which I do not know if it is a windows-bug...
I filed it in trac.

But if you have deleted your .qgis (documents and settings) the first
python plugin is successfully downloaded, unzipped etc etc.
But after the message "Python plugin installed. Go to Plugins > Plugin
Manager to enable xxx." you get an error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 2, in
ImportError: No module named xxx

Apparently the Plugin Manager doesn't have the .qgis/python/plugins in
it's (python_)path? Because after a restart of qgis the plugin is shown
in the Plugin Manager and can load ok.
And after ONE python plugin is succesfully installed, ALL other python
plugins are also being installed ok in one time without restart!

I think this should be fixed before releasing 9.2 This because the new
users will not have a .qgis/python/plugin directory so all will fail to
load their first plugin :-(

Added it in trac as a bug: https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1038

3) https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/327 (not able to save map as jpg)
is still there :-(