[Qgis-developer] Re: srs.db epsg's added, shrinking?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sun Apr 13 07:43:01 EDT 2008

Hi Richard,

Thanks for providing a new version of srs.db . It is already commited to svn.

I think the shrinking filesize is because the database reorganises storage
after 'database cleanup'.

> There is a plan to use FrankW scripts for generating the
> parameters/epsg-list in the same way as is done for proj, postgis etc
> (https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1035).
> I think it would be fine to line up with those tools, but only if we do
> not offend somebody/maintainer who is normally building srs.db (or was
> it generated once by hand)?

Yes, it would be good to automate the generation. Maybe Gary or Tim know how
the db was originally generated?

cheers,
Marco

--