[Qgis-developer] Re: srs.db epsg's added, shrinking?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Apr 14 08:38:23 EDT 2008

Hi Richard / All

Gary and I originally loaded the srs.db using the postgis srs table.
The idea was to try to synchronise regularly against postgis srs table
(hence the fact that we have a number of different identifiers - srid
(pg), epsg id, srs_id (qgis)). Since you are now the maintainer of the
srs.db I welcome any initiatives you take (including vacuuming the db
as mentioned above) and assure you you wont be treading on anyones
toes :-)

One thing to note, srs_id's >  100000 are reserved for user defined
projections - as specified in qgis/src/core/qgis.h:

131   /** Magick number that determins whether a projection srsid is a
system (srs.db)
132    *  or user (~/.qgis.qgis.db) defined projection. */
133   const int USER_PROJECTION_START_ID=100000;

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton