[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Building image pyramids -> qgis crashing

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Apr 13 14:53:11 EDT 2008

Oleg Gusev pisze:

> "There isn't much I can do about this without spending a
> huge effort to have libtiff keep track of all unused space in the file
> and manage it on the fly.
> So I'm basically not planning to spend any more time on it, and will
> likely ignore questions about the topic."
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2008-March/036524.html

Here Frank talks about gdalwarp and "-co COMPRESS" interaction issues,
leading to compression under-performance. How does it relate to QGIS
crashing when GDAL function for creating overviews is called, as
described in Trac [1]?

>> Can you provide an example TIFF that crashes QGIS while building pyramids?

> I'd look for some free or autogenerated image.

Great. Please post or link it in Trac [1].

[1]https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/605