[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Building image pyramids -> qgis crashing

Oleg Gusev oleg at crista.uni-wuppertal.de
Sun Apr 13 14:41:23 EDT 2008

Am Sonntag 13 April 2008 16:25:25 schrieb Maciej Sieczka:

> >   i have understood  Frank's answer on the grass mailing list
> >   as 'this libtiff bug is well known and will not be fixed'.
>
> I could not find the phrase in GRASS ML archives. Can you post a link?

"There isn't much I can do about this without spending a
huge effort to have libtiff keep track of all unused space in the file
and manage it on the fly.
So I'm basically not planning to spend any more time on it, and will
likely ignore questions about the topic."

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2008-March/036524.html

> Can you provide an example TIFF that crashes QGIS while building pyramids?

I'd look for some free or autogenerated image.

 Oleg.