[Qgis-user] Re: AW: [Qgis-developer] "Fix problems with incorectly filled polygons"issues

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Apr 16 13:25:36 EDT 2008

Marco Hugentobler pisze:
> Am Mittwoch 16 April 2008 08:48:54 schrieb Maciej Sieczka:

>>> So should it be faster or slower with with FPWIPF enabled?

> It is not faster or slower for everything, it depends on what you do.
 >
> If your X-server configuration is very slow in drawing transparency,
> then it is logical consequence that the transparent round vertex
> markers in digitising mode are rendered slowly.

(Another shortcut for clarity - "Make line appeer less jagged" = MLALJ)

I've been doing some QGIS rendering benchmarks. Before I go on, can you
please verify if I got it correctly:

FPWIFP on = QPixmap = hardware rendering
MLALJ on = QImage + transparency = software rendering, more CPU use
both off = QImage = software rendering, less CPU use

Does that look correct?

Maciek