[Qgis-developer] Re: OGR "merge"

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Apr 21 23:01:57 EDT 2008

[Cc'ing the developer list as I posted a link to the patch there too]

Hi Godofredo,

On Mon, 21. Apr 2008 at 23:54:20 +0000, godofredo contreras wrote:
> The problem is that there are missing three files:

> in ui: qgsnewogrgenericconnectionbase.ui
> in app: qgsnewogrgenericconnection.cpp and qgsnewogrgenericconnection.h

Ah, right. I forgot to add them...

> also there are needed some changes in qgsdbsourceselect.cpp

I also missed to re-enable the pgquerybuilder. SPIT isn't working too
and I disabled the pggeoprocessing plugin (that's probably going to be
replaced with Horst's python plugin at some point anyway).

> I made the changes and I managed to compile but also is needed to
> addecuate the qgsogrgenericdialog, I will work on it tomorrow and I
> will send you the files.

Don't get me wrong, I just added the patch to get feedback and as basis
for discussion.  I didn't want to apply it to trunk as it is.  To say
the least, it needs more testing. But my current working copy actually
compiles so that I can supply you with an updated patch, if you like.

After giving it some more thought, I also posted my ideas to the
qgis-developer list.  Did you see that?

If we want to go down that road, there's work to be done on all vector
data providers - so that's probably not a good idea to do that directly
in trunk.

We could "reverse" the patch and apply it to the ogr-plugin-branch and
work there or start a brand new one as that branch won't just touch OGR,
but that would effectivly mean to kill the ogr-plugin-branch...

I'm not sure how to proceed. I'd prefer the latter.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden