[Qgis-developer] File Browsing From inside QGIS

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Wed Aug 13 19:49:09 EDT 2008

Mars Sjoden wrote:
> When navigating a root directory on my 24" iMac 3ghz, 4Gb Ram, it stalls
> out QGIS for close to 2 min. (1.45min exact)

I have delays of 3 to 6 seconds using non-native dialogs. A native dialog is able to access the same folders instantly.

Qt is caching file dialog data in ~/Library/Preferences/com.trolltech.plist. Try deleting this file; perhaps it contains corrupted data.

Also try the following program. I have identical browsing times with this code and QGIS. If this example is also slow, you should submit a bug to Trolltech.

#include <QApplication>
#include <QFileDialog>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{