[Qgis-developer] Postgis Manager and QtSql

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:20:52 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Maurício de Paulo
<mauricio.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tested postgis manager and it's filling a great hole in the
> qgis/postgis tools. Could I sugest that you change from psycopg to python's
> qtsql? I've used it in my python-postgis plugin. It comes packaged together
> with the current qgis windows version. I think it would be the best choice
> for all postgis programmers.
> I've made a few tests to list the tables and databases from pg_tables and
> pg_database using qtsql and it worked fine. This could be a single step
> toward complete compatibility with qgis default features.

Mauricio,

as I don't know how QtSql drivers get packaged on various platforms,
I've been trying to avoid it. But if postgresql driver is included on
all supported platforms, then QtSql sounds like a good alternative. In
fact all calls to database are in just one python file, so porting the
plugin shouldn't need too much effort. I could give it a try.

In meanwhile you can enjoy new release 0.4 with some improvements in
table creation and editation, toolbar with icons (by Robert), import
of aspatial tables from dbf and more goodies :-)

Martin