[Qgis-developer] API Freeze, String Freeze from tomorrow

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Dec 4 16:24:48 EST 2008

Hi Folks

If we are going to get QGIS 1.0 out by end of December we need to start
the release process rolling. I propose the following:

 - string freeze (refreeze really) and call for translations will go out
tomorrow night
 - API freeze commencing tomorrow
 - Call for plugin ports to 1.0 commencing tomorrow
 - Start working through the 1.0 release checklist aiming for complete
freeze and call for packaging around 20 Dec.

Please take a look at the unit tests and get them passing again if they
cover an area of code you are familiar with.

There seems to be no active work on labelling and its something I haven
got time for myself. I would like to suggest we leave this for 1.1. PSC
you happy with that?

I know there are still many issues that we need to fix, but at some
point we need to draw a line in the sand and put what we have out there.
Work will continue in 1.0.x to stabilise and bugfix this release.

If anyone is not happy with the above proposals, please discuss (and
provide suggestions for alternative arrangements).

Best regards

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net