[Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 03:29:25 EST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:33:57 +0100
Borys Jurgiel <borys at wolf.most.org.pl> wrote:

> Monday 15 of December 2008 17:15:08 Otto Dassau napisa__(a):
> > I am hopeful that we will have the english manual ready or at least a
> > preview version that needs a final review by native english speaking
> > people. There are still a few days left and we will work hard to finish it
> > :).
> >
> > btw: There are still 23 python plugins listed in the official QGIS
> > repository. Will we repository clean up this repository or are all plugins
> > relevant and working with 1.0.? We started with the ftools so far and would
> > like to add more to the manual, but we don't know which are working and
> > relevant.
>
> The old repository will be depreciated and two new ones for 1.0 (moderated and
>
> unofficial) are being created now. I believe Gary will manage on time and
> we'll put the rewritten plugins to the new unofficial repo. Then the most
> valuable of them will be 'certified' and moved to the official repository.
>
> But you can't wait and now need to know which of them will be officially
> supported - so we have to appoint a small council right now. Tim? Martin?
> Carson? Barry? Paolo? We just need two or three folks to make sure that we
> can take a responsibility for the particular plugin.
>
> > It would be very helpful to have a list of plugins here. And it would also
> > be good to know a little about the plugin strategy that we can add to the
> > manual.
>
> What do you mean by the plugin strategy? I'll write a short description of
> Plugin Installer and packaging rules for plugin developers. It will be done
> before until this Sunday, isn't it too late?

Thanks a lot Borys, what you wrote is what I was looking for and meant with
strategy. And please send me the short description of Plugin Installer and
packaging rules for plugin developers on sunday. I will be available until
monday afternoon and then offline probably until sunday 28th.

regards,
 Otto