[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 16 03:27:05 EST 2008

Hi

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 17:15 +0100, Otto Dassau wrote:

> > Otto are we set for the test site to go live?
>
> There are only 3 things left:
>
> a) sponsoring page (http://qgis.osgeo.org/sponsoring.html)
> Paolo will try to finish the sponsoring page (add all comments) - this is the
> most important part that needs to be done.

Yup. I wrote a long reply to Paolo on this a while back, and Frank W
also had some good comments. Paolo perhaps you can pick up on that?

> b) plugin page (http://qgis.osgeo.org/download/plugins.html)
> The plugin page is a bit tricky. I would like to have them automatically
> updated/read from the relevant/official repositories

Ah yes I promised to look at this but havent had time yet.

>  and would be thankful if
> someone can have a look here: http://qgis.osgeo.org/download/plugins.html

Ok Borys answered this later in the thread. I think we should only list
and document official plugins and plugins included in QGIS itself. I
wrote some guideline proposals for acceptance of plugins into the
official repo for the last PSC meeting, but we never had time to discuss
them.

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Meeting_Nov_14%2C_2008

Perhaps we can include / link to this text somewhere on the plugins
pages too?

> c) rss news feed page (http://qgis.osgeo.org/news.html)
> There seems to be problem in joomla to show RSS feeds within an article. I don't
> have a solution for that now, but will try to find one.

Ok great.

> > If there is time it
> > would be nice to get a web css guru to theme the download.qgis.org
> > page to match the new qgis web site and send Gary the css etc
> > (assumming Gary is willing and able to apply that).
>
> what would we need here? I can provide the css files, but I don't know if I
> will have enough time to do it. Shall I send it to Gary?
>
> > The new QGIS community maps stuff is nearly finished, Carson and I will put
> > the finishing touches to it during the course of this week.
>
> yes, great.
>
> > Documentation:
> > --------------
> >
> > Otto, how are things looking in terms of getting the docs ready for
> > end of December?
> > It would be great to have them available with the release. I see you have
> > been working away on them based on the svn commits coming in - is there
> > anything the doc team needs that we can help with?
>
> I am hopeful that we will have the english manual ready or at least a preview
> version that needs a final review by native english speaking people. There are
> still a few days left and we will work hard to finish it :).

Great! I have checked out the manual here and just tracking down some
missing sty files so I can build it and then I will start to take a read
though.

> btw: There are still 23 python plugins listed in the official QGIS repository.
> Will we repository clean up this repository or are all plugins relevant and
> working with 1.0.? We started with the ftools so far and would like to add more
> to the manual, but we don't know which are working and relevant.

As mentioned above we should only show the official 1.0 plugins - many
of the plugins in the existing repo are broken with 1.0 or are
inconsistent in various ways.  We need to adopt a mini incubation
process and then move them into official repo only when we are happy
with each's quality.

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net