[Qgis-developer] "official" python plugins suggestions

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Dec 16 10:53:55 EST 2008

Martin Dobias ha scritto:

> Some of these plugins are in other repositories (and their developers
> probably prefer that), so I got the idea that official plugin
> repository could work just as a "proxy". On update of a plugin,
> authorized developer would just login to official repository and will
> use pull function that will get the copy of plugin's archive and
> metadata from the original repository. What do you think?

I think the idea of having a proxy is a very good one. One thing that
worries me is that all these plugins that are flourishing around may
remain hidden, or get lost, when the original author will eventually
loose interest on it. So this applies also (even more so, in fact) to
unofficial plugins.
All the best.
pc
--