[Qgis-developer] "official" python plugins suggestions

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Fri Dec 19 09:04:25 EST 2008

Tuesday 16 of December 2008 12:04:01 Martin Dobias napisał(a):
> I suggest that these plugins should be official:
(...)
> - table manager

Very glad to read it, but this plugin is far from finish. I'm going to develop
it in January, so it's gui should be stable in the latter half of the month.
And then it will have to pass many murderous tests before I'll be able to
take any responsibility for users' data...

> Some of these plugins are in other repositories (and their developers
> probably prefer that), so I got the idea that official plugin
> repository could work just as a "proxy". On update of a plugin,
> authorized developer would just login to official repository and will
> use pull function that will get the copy of plugin's archive and
> metadata from the original repository. What do you think? Any other
> ideas how official repo should work?

Good idea. When an author upgrades his plugin in his own repo, the update is
available prior for users with this repo enabled, so we have a time for
testing before we'll decide to mirror the plugin in the main repo.

> We should do also some improvements to repository metadata
(..)
> - dependency - list of python modules which should be available for
> execution of the plugins (e.g. R, psycopg, gdal, ogr ...)

It would be very convenient - now Installer has to perform a trial loading
before can say if something (and what) is missing.

> - contact - author's email address in some spam-unfriendly format

It's definitely an essential tag!