[Qgis-developer] removal of QgsLine from 1.0 API

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:33:58 EST 2008

Hi all (especially Marco),

I know it's quite late now because of coming 1.0 release, but I'd like
to propose removal of QgsLine class. The reasons:
- there's no code in source tree that would make use of it
- there's no python binding so python plugins surely don't use it
- it's making impression it can be of some use, but in fact it's a
dummy class supporting only comparison with other QgsLine
- it's stating it's a line, however I guess it should be called line
segment instead to avoid confusion
- I have already a prototype of a line segment class which could have
(expected) functionality (e.g. find out closest point, return tangent,
angle ...) that might be added in 1.x release

Martin