[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Dec 18 03:41:16 EST 2008

Hi

2008/12/18 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

>>> As far as I know not.
>>
>> So what can we do for this? I would avoid setting up a new one, and we
>> have the problem of which account the money should go to. Any ideas?
>
> Sorry to insist, but I think we should fin a solution soon: is there an
> existing Paypal account we can use for this? If nothing better is
> available, I can suggest our no-profit GFOSS.it http://gfoss.it/ (of
> course a new button in English should be prepared).
> I think it would be good to launch the service along the 1.0 and new
> website.

Sorry for not  replying sooner but I don't really have a good
solution. If we set up a paypal account my feeling is that it should
be a completely separate on from any other account for clarity of
accounting. I agree it would be great to get paypal / sponsors etc
sorted out for the release.

For me probably the ideal would probably be if we can form a EU non
profit organisation 'QGIS.org', open a bank account and have you, Otto
and Marco as co-signaturies on the account. And then setup paypal to
put money straight into that account. I dont know if this is even
possible, but as our financial guru I guess I'm looking to you for
leadership on this.

Thanks for following up on this!

Regards

Tim