[Qgis-release-team] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0.0 - Call for packaging

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Dec 26 12:05:40 EST 2008

Hi

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 13:33 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> ...and it's really important for me (and think that for many users) that
> Borys can actually apply his corrections for 1.0, so please do let him
> commit now!
>
> Also, regarding packaging for windows, could it be possible:
>
> 1. Have support for MrSid and ecw
> 2. Have Numeric (or numpy, never know which one is the one actually
> needed) included, so that Raster Algebra works on Windows.
> 3. Have Qwt5 included, so that Value tool and Scattergram would work
> ?

These are questions best directed to Marco Pasetti. I believe he will be
away until early Jan though...

For MrSid and Ecw support I would suggest making these a separate 'add
on' download until the licensing implications of shipping these libs is
unequivocally resolved (much as I would like to see them shipped by
default).

Regards

Tim