[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0.0 - Call for packaging

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Dec 26 12:56:09 EST 2008

On Dec 26, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> For MrSid and Ecw support I would suggest making these a separate
>> 'add
>> on' download until the licensing implications of shipping these
>> libs is
>> unequivocally resolved (much as I would like to see them shipped by
>> default).
>
> We are investigating on this. Muddled situation, it seems. It would be
> good to know how other sw has resolved the issue (FWTools, gvSIG).
> Any suggestion will be welcome.
> All the best.
> pc
> --
> Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *

For my OSX GDAL framework, I use separate downloads.  I thought it
seemed clear that binary distribution with open source software was
OK, but so many others are not so sure that I decided to play it safe.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy