[Qgis-developer] Official Plugin candidates

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed Dec 31 15:37:21 EST 2008

Hi All,
Since we still didn't bring the 'plugin committee' into existence and Otto is waiting
for a decision which plugins should be decribed in the User Guide, I've taken a look
at all our plugins. I've initially choosen a few of them which meet the requirements:
- they expand wide-purpose QGIS capabilites in a significant degree
- they look complete and close (not like they was under construction)
- they are tested and stable
- their authors are still 'alive'
- their are GPL licensed

They are:
- Zoom To Point (by Gary; already present in the official repo)
- fTools (by Carson of course)
- manageR (by Carson; not yet rewritten for 1.0!)
- PostGIS Manager (by Martin - is working now?)
- Scattegram (by Ghislain)
- Value Tool (by Ghislain)

The next 4 aren't GPL licensed, but I would see them in the offcicial Repo if their
Authors agreed to release them on a free license:
- Find By Attribute (by Mauricio)
- Click Fu (by Barry)
- Raster Algebra (by Barry, not completely rewritten yet!)
- Select Plus (by Barry)

Please discuss if you disagree for including one of them or wish to include any other
plugin. Complete list is in the attached csv.

Regards,
B.

PS. This was my last QGIS activity in this year ;) so I thank you all for all the help,
cooperation, kindness (sometimes patience;) and just for all that fun we have working
together! It's harder than usually to wish a happy New Year, but hopefully it will be
a great year for OSS and us all:) See you in two days!