[Qgis-developer] Symbol rendering

Steven Bell botsnlinux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:18:03 EST 2008

No, there is no caching going on, so it is probably slower than the original
code.  However, I suspect it is somewhat faster than the current
implementation in the renderer branch, since it doesn't draw on an image,
and then draw that image onto the paint canvas.  The painter is passed
directly to the code that draws the symbol.
I'm curious how the speed of painting an image compares with the speed for
painting a circle, square, etc.  It seems to me that painting primitives
might be faster than painting an image, but that needs to be tested.
If someone can send me a large point set, I will try to test the speed of
these different implementations.
Steven

I don't have a large point dataset to test it with at the moment.