[Qgis-developer] Adding python bindings for quickprint

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jan 16 09:24:00 EST 2008

Hi

Yes I am happy to toss the quickprint code (or make it a thin wrapper
around composer code) when composer is ready. I would prefer to keep
the quickprint class even if it internally delegates to composer stuff
since it provides a simple and convenient way to produce a map
programmatically.

At the moment composer stuff is not in the libs at all (its part of
app) and I think some major refactoring would probably be needed to
separate it out into libqgis_gui. This leaves libqgis programmers
without anyway to easily produce a map - which is the gap quickprint
class is designed to fill.

Regards

Tim