[Qgis-developer] Build compile error

volkan kepoglu vkepoglu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:47:41 EST 2008

Thanks alot. it worked. I build QGIS from source code.

I don't know previously why it doesn't work. it maybe difference between the
package installed with sudo apt-get install libgeos-dev whose version is
2.3.3-3 as stated in snaptic package manager and source code of geos-2.3.3.

I am getting the following error in idle 1.2.1 of python 2.5.1

>>> from PyQt4.QtCore import *
>>> from PyQt4.QtGui import *
>>> from qgis.core import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
    from qgis.core import *
ImportError: No module named qgis.core

I have tried to define the path as follows, in order to try all
possibilities.

export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/include/qgis:/usr/local/lib/qgis:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/share/qgis
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/share/qgis/python

but nothing changed. the same error in python. module couldn't find.

I do not know which path to define. in ccmake I accepted all default paths.
what actually do these paths? is it required to define these paths for each
session, I mean when ı closed the terminal, path assignment is disappearing.

should ı define ld_library_path as the path of source code:
/home/vkepoglu/dev/cpp/qgis?

should I re-build by setting BINDINGS_GLOBAL_INSTALL variable in CMake to
TRUE?

maybe I should define in which path to install qgis, isn't it?
but do not know how to define
is CMAKE_BUILD_PREFIX (is it the path definition of installing qgis) the
equilavent of CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, because in ccmake version 2.4 there is
no CMAKE_BUILD_PREFIX anymore?